The AFT has been a longtime leader in its commitment to:
- high standards for all children;
- closing the achievement gap between disadvantaged children and their peers;
- disaggregation of student achievement data;
- well-qualified teachers and well-trained paraprofessionals in every classroom; and
- extra support for struggling students and schools.
However, NCLB is hurting, not helping, students and schools. Our children deserve better. Tell your representative and senators that there are fundamental problems with NCLB that require fundamental changes.